Join our digital revolution!
At Brandcast Health, we are transforming the way that healthcare companies communicate with their audiences online. We do this through cutting-edge digital strategy, data-driven campaign development, audience-centric content strategy, and refreshing UX-based design.
Ultimately, healthcare professionals and patients must access valuable information when they need it, wherever they are. By optimising digital communication between industry, healthcare professionals and patients, we will contribute to better, more personalised medical treatment to all.
Medical Communications is changing, with the strategic focus shifting to a digital-first approach. For this reason, the delivery of consistent and relevant online content is a key part of any communications campaign. At Brandcast Health, we have the perfect skill set to support our clients in achieving their business goals through digital strategy and production. In order to enhance our content strategy offering to clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Medical Writer to join our Editorial team.
You will be working alongside an experienced team, working at the cutting edge of relevant scientific communications that are designed for online healthcare professional and patient communities. We believe that amazing content will translate across all channels, and so this role will hold an important position within our agency.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Life science degree (BSc or MSc)
- At least 1 year of experience working in a medical communications agency or in a related role
- Experience in writing medical content for brand and medical education teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to understand detailed medical and scientific information in various therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (i.e. ABPI)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player who can work to deadlines
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- PhD in life sciences
- Experience in oncology or haematology
- Experience in writing for digital assets, such as websites, videos, apps, and animations
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and managing own workload independently
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite
Key role responsibilities include:
- Fully understand relevant medical and scientific content (terminology, scientific/medical concepts, study designs, statistical concepts)
- Own key knowledge of the therapeutic areas covered by allocated accounts
- Interpret and explain clinical data from a variety of sources, including research documents, tables, figures, and listings
- Perform literature research as needed to support projects or accounts
- Gather, review and analyse pertinent resources to produce high-quality content assets
- Develop a wide range of content assets, including digital, print, and video
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including non-Editorial colleagues, to deliver high-quality work
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry guidelines (ABPI, AE reporting, etc.)
- Employ creative writing skills to develop engaging scientific content
- Employ creative skills to suggest visual ways to bring content to life, or collaborate with Creative team to deliver these
- Develop strategic plans, which include the implementation of key messages and scientific narrative across multiple assets and activities with support from Content Lead
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills, internally and externally
- Liaise with clients with clear written and oral communications
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Support Account Lead with the development of new business proposals, as required
- Attend new business pitches, as required
If you are interested, send us an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* For full home-based positions, we may ask you to occasionally attend in-person meetings and visit the office at least once a month.