Join our digital revolution!
At Brandcast Health, we are transforming the way that healthcare companies communicate with their audiences online. We do this through cutting-edge digital strategy, data-driven campaign development, audience-centric content strategy, and refreshing UX-based design.
Ultimately, healthcare professionals and patients must access valuable information when they need it, wherever they are. By optimising digital communication between industry, healthcare professionals and patients, we will contribute to better, more personalised medical treatment to all.
Medical Communications is changing, with the strategic focus shifting to a digital-first approach. For this reason, the delivery of consistent and relevant online content is a key part of any communications campaign. At Brandcast Health, we have the perfect skill set to support our clients in achieving their business goals through digital strategy and production. In order to enhance our content strategy offering to clients.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Medical Writer to join our Editorial team.
You will be working alongside an experienced team, working at the cutting edge of relevant scientific communications that are designed for online healthcare professionals and patient communities. We believe that amazing content will translate across all channels, and so this role will hold an important position within our agency.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Life science degree (BSc or MSc)
- At least 3 years of experience working in a medical communications agency or in a related role
- Experience in writing medical content for brand and medical education teams
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to understand detailed medical and scientific information in various therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of industry guidelines (i.e. ABPI)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player who can work to deadlines
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn and develop new skills
- PhD in life sciences
- Experience in oncology or haematology
- Experience in writing for digital assets, such as websites, videos, apps and animations
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and managing own workload independently
- Experience in the development of brand messaging and content strategy
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite
- Experience in managing / line management of junior writers
- Fully understand relevant medical and scientific content (terminology, scientific/medical concepts, study designs, statistical concepts)
- Develop a strong expertise of the therapeutic areas both within and beyond allocated Company accounts
- Interpret and explain clinical data from a variety of sources, and demonstrating in-depth knowledge of relevant concepts
- Gather, review and analyse pertinent resources to tailor content to different needs to produce a wide range of high-quality assets including digital, print, and video
- Lead other team members in the development of assets that are scientifically accurate and aligned to client brief, by reviewing and providing feedback and guidance
- Work collaboratively with other team members, including non-Editorial colleagues, to deliver high-quality work
- Use knowledge of industry guidelines (ABPI, AE reporting, etc.) to ensure they are applied to relevant projects
- Employ creative writing skills to develop engaging scientific content and suggest visual ways to bring content to life and/or collaborating with the Company’s creative team to deliver these
- Develop strategic plans, which include the implementation of key messages and scientific narrative across multiple assets and activities with support from the Scientific Director
- Liaise with clients and other external stakeholders with clear written and oral communications to build and maintain positive relationships
- Provide direction, coaching and mentoring to more junior writers and carry out training for new starters
- Give regular feedback to assigned direct reports and arrange 121 meetings so that they can update you on project status and progress – reporting updates to the senior team
- Develop career objectives for direct reports and to communicate progress during bi-annual reviews
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with the internal project team, demonstrating empathy and appreciation for their role
- Support Account Lead with the development of new business proposals and attending new business pitches, as required
If you are interested, send us an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Based on Government guidelines, our entire team is currently working from home.
** For full home-based positions, we may ask you to occasionally attend in-person meetings and visit the office at least once a month.