Join our digital revolution!
At Brandcast Health, we are transforming the way that healthcare companies communicate with their audiences online. We do this through cutting-edge digital strategy, data-driven campaign development, audience-centric content strategy, and refreshing UX-based design.
Ultimately, healthcare professionals and patients must access valuable information when they need it, wherever they are. By optimising digital communication between industry, healthcare professionals and patients, we will contribute to better, more personalised medical treatment to all.
Medical Communications is changing, with the strategic focus shifting to a digital-first approach. For this reason, the delivery of consistent and relevant online content is a key part of any communications campaign. At Brandcast Health, we have the perfect skill set to support our clients in achieving their business goals through digital strategy and production, in order to enhance our content strategy offering to clients.
Project Management at Brandcast Health
The goal of our project management team is to take ownership of project delivery in a way that challenges the status quo, helps drive industry change, and contributes to our company mission and core values. Your role is more than just managing projects; it’s about shaping the future of digital production in the agency, making an impact, and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
At its core, the role of Project Manager is to be responsible for planning, co-ordinating and managing the execution of a range of digital and strategy focused projects alongside our client service, creative, medical writing and development teams, helping us work in smart and efficient ways whilst maintaining the highest quality standards. You will not only fully immerse yourself in our business, it’s culture and values but also drive culture and values to ensure we continuously evolve to be even more successful in the future.
Brandcast Health appreciate that people like to work in different ways and live in different locations within the UK, and therefore offer hybrid working, offering a mix of office and home working. Employees are encouraged, when able, to meet up in person for regular meetings and social events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help define project scope, objectives, and deliverables in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develop detailed project plans, schedules, and resource allocation to ensure successful project execution
- Co-ordinate cross-functional project teams, setting clear roles and responsibilities for team members
- Identify potential risks and be an early-warning system for potential issues and develop mitigation strategies to keep projects on track
- Ensure that projects adhere to quality standards and agreed KPI’s
- Communicate project status and updates to clients, stakeholders, and internal teams in a clear and timely manner
- Manage appropriate project documentation, including schedules, logs and reports etc
- Monitor project timelines and deliverables taking responsibility for workload, managing priorities against scheduled deadline and delivering against quality standards
- Help ensure all project work is delivered on time and on budget
- Assist in account and client relationship growth by proactively identifying any upsell opportunities and areas we can be better support for our clients
- Foster a collaborative team environment to drive project success and ensure the right people are involved at the right times in projects
- Organise team resources and activities across projects and running team meetings (planning meetings, stand-ups, retrospectives etc.)
- Act as a positive link between POD teams and departments taking an objective view of matters from both sides to drive innovation in project management by identifying areas for improvement
- Conduct regular project reviews to evaluate and improve project performance
- Join client calls and meetings to discuss and present digital solutions in a way that they can understand, gaining trust and buy-in from client stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with company policies, and project procedures, and promote a culture of adherence from within the project management team
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices, applying them to project management processes
- Support the project team in development and evolution of agency project processes and workflows from brief to final output, including training and ongoing monitoring
- Use excellent problem solving and meticulous organisational skills to deliver projects aligned with our company objectives, as well as to identify new opportunities and challenges to overcome
What do we want to see?
- Minimum 3 years hands-on project management experience
- Able to clearly demonstrate your successful full lifecycle project delivery
- Present strong understanding of project management principles and methodology
- Able to demonstrate the benefits of project management across an agency
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude and must be a team player
- Able to effectively communicate and motivate up and down an organisational structure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience of meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Able to demonstrate client communication skills in a clear and focused manner while still supporting the client services department in growing the client relationship
- The ability to work under your own initiative and respond quickly and effectively to problems
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and work under pressure and to quick turn arounds
- Innate problem solving attitude and a desire to work in a flexible, collaborative culture
- Proven background in identifying process inefficiencies and developing robust workflows
- Industry recognised project management qualification (Prince, Agile, APM etc)
- Experience of working within an agency environment
Ready to Apply